Bettyann Lichtenstein, MA
Bettyann Lichtenstein, MA, has practiced psychotherapy for individuals, couples, families, and groups in Northwest Indiana since 1984.
Bettyann earned her Masters degree at the University of Chicago's School of Social Service Administration and her Bachelors in Social
Work at the University of Illinois. Her post-graduate education includes an extensive two-year training program in family and couple
therapy at The Family Institute of Chicago, Northwestern University Medical School.
Bettyann has more than 25 years of experience helping children, adolescent, adults, couples, and families. She started her career
as an adult therapist at Swanson Center in Michigan City, Indiana, then became a child and adolescent therapist at Madison Center
in South Bend, Indiana. She worked in Porter/Starke Services, Inc.'s Portage, Chesterton, and Valparaiso facilities performing
child, adolescent, group, family, and marital therapy, then began her private practice in 1991.
As a contributing editor to Control magazine, she wrote a monthly column for engineering professionals on career development and interpersonal
relationships in the workplace. She established the group practice of Silhavy Place in 2012.
Bettyann's goal for her clients
is to help them overcome fears, build strength, and achieve independence so that each may reach their full potential. She has helped
many children, adolescents, adults, couples, and families overcome problems ranging from anxiety and depression, abuse, loss, and
grief to lack of communication, infidelity, substance abuse, and other addictions. For example, she has counseled:
- Adults, to
work through anxiety, depression, and relationship issues.
- Parents and children, to solve behavioral problems, school adjustment,
academic performance, divorce, stepfamily, and visitation issues.
- Adolescents, to navigate through parental, peer, and interpersonal
- Families, to improve communication with each other, cooperation, and a sense of unity.
- Couples, to enhance intimacy,
to increase feelings of support, and to heal from past hurt and betrayal.
- Licensed Clinical Social
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT)
- Member, Academy of Certified Social Workers (ACSW)
- Member, National Association
of Social Workers (NASW)
- Clinical Membership of the American Association in Marriage and Family Therapy (AAMFT)
- American Board-Certified
Diplomate in Clinical Social Work (BCD)
- NASW Diplomate in Clinical Social Workers (DCSW)
- Member, Qualified Clinical Social Workers
Bettyann and her husband live in Valparaiso, where they are raising two children.